Do you want to be a part of a tight but growing team dedicated to become a global leader and truly help in solving climate change?
CarbonCloud is looking for a front end developer to join our growing team based in Gothenburg, Sweden. We develop SaaS software that help food producers all around the world calculate their climate footprint.
What you will do
CarbonCloud is the climate intelligence platform that enables food producers to map out their supply chain, calculate their climate footprint, and centrally communicate the results in ClimateHub. Our mission is to get every food producer in the world on our platform. You will become an important piece of that puzzle by keeping the software stable, functioning and updated with new exciting features. As a front end developer at CarbonCloud you will collaborate closely with the rest of your team on shared, daily goals. We help each other out if we get stuck (or have a bad day). As part of a small but rapidly growing team, there are plenty of opportunities to try new things and have a big impact.
Our tech stack consists of:
- Purescript+Puppeteer for End-to-End testing
- CI/CD with several deploys per day
Who you are
You have a strong understanding of web and front end challenges and you are heavily invested in the end-user experience. You are collaborative, communicative and you like to work in teams. You are not afraid to wear different hats and help out with whatever needs to be done. You probably have experience from React/Redux or similar tools and you are either experienced with or interested in learning functional programming. You are used to delivering high quality, maintainable code, well-covered with tests.
- Work day-to-day in a cross functional, self organising team, that together takes full ownership of building, maintaining and operating some of CarbonCloud's products
- Work closely together with product managers, designers, scientists and other roles across the company
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize your code and design
- Ensure that our user experience is the very best it can be
- Potentially take part in an on-call rotation
At least 3 years of experience in front end development
- A strong understanding of how the web works and front end challenges
- Experience with React/Redux or similar tools
- Experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- Invested in usability, security, and performance
- You enjoy learning as well as mentoring others
- A team player who likes to collaborate within your team and across the company
- An adaptable and inventive problem solver
- Experience with Elm/Functional programming is a plus but not must have
Who we are
CarbonCloud help companies within food and beverage calculate greenhouse gas emissions at scale to create a solid climate strategy. We do not subscribe to smokescreens and greenwashing. The CarbonCloud mind always seeks truth with integrity and does so openly and without prestige. We want to do better, be better. The CarbonCloud heart is kind, sees the best in people and feels no fear when there is work to be done. We are transparent and honest. Hybrid or at the office, you choose, and we hope to see you in the office often as we love to hang out with our colleagues. We are global and diverse and believe in individual freedom. Looking to be part of solving one of the most urgent crises the human race is facing, want to grow as a person in a company with great opportunities, or maybe both? Then send in your application today!
We place great importance to personal qualities and cultural fit. To ensure we get the best possible match, we will use theoretical and technical work-related tests during the recruitment process. More info about this will follow later on.
We apply a continuous selection to our recruiting roles – Frankly, we check the applications daily. This means that we continuously match the CV and personality to the pre-outlined requirements profile. So if you don’t want to miss this unique opportunity, apply today!